Welcome to my internet home! I’m Shiying and I’m passionate about all things public health. Complexity and interdependencies within global health and health systems research excite me. I started this website to share stuff I would have loved to find on the internet- but couldn’t. To find out more, check out what I'm doing now. I'm also job hunting. You can view my resume here.
On this site, I write about:
- Public Health People. I meet with different professionals from around the globe to uncover their journeys into public health, extract the greatest insights from their fields, and share their principles for work and life.
- Public Health Concepts. I write about key ideas in Public Health to get you started.
- Personal Reflections. Get up close and personal with me as I consolidate my thoughts on university life, my current endeavours and stuff I’ve learned.
My favourite articles to get you started:
- Order in a Time of Chaos: The Women Bringing Sense to Pandemic Nonsense
- Forget Doctors Without Borders: On Health Systems and Capacity Building with Dr. Natarajan Rajaraman
- Reflections from my third year at college: Making possibilities real
- How can healthcare workers help us plan for a good death?
- The power of moments in patient-centred care
In my free time, I love to read, write and listen to podcasts. Here are my top five favourite books:
- Figuring by Maria Popova
- The Complex Alternative: Complexity Scientists on the COVID-19 Pandemic, Edited by David C. Krakauer and Geoffrey West
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- We Crossed A Bridge and It Trembled: Voices from Syria by Wendy Pearlman
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande